Many factors can influence the condition of jewelry. Therefore you should make sure that your jewelry is properly cleaned and stored. Always protect your jewelry from water, perfume, scratches, chemicals, sunlight, heat & cold to minimise the effects.
Store your jewelry in a soft lined box or pouch and try to keep pieces apart, so they don’t rub together or tangle up. Best kept in a dark, cool & dry place.
All jewelry will naturally tarnish over time. We recommend removing jewelry when you shower or bathe and particularly when on the beach, in the sea and in chlorinated water. Avoid spraying perfume or applying creams directly onto your jewelry. Keep away from extreme temperatures, humidity and direct sunlight, and avoid wearing your jewelry when using bleach.
The skin and jewelry
Normally our skin has a PH of 5.5. When this balance is disturbed it causes the skin to be more acid or alkaline. This disturbances can result in colour change of jewelry. Fluctuations in the PH of our skin can be a marker of poor or unbalanced diet & stress.
- Metal: Use a soft cotton cloth to keep brass, copper, goldplated & goldfilled jewelry looking shiny and lustrous. Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean metal as they can cause scratching.
- Gemstones: Since many gemstones are delicate, hot water, harsh chemicals and cleaners should be avoided at all times. We advise cleaning your precious stones with a clean, soft, damp cloth after wearing. Very porous stones should be cleaned using an untreated, dry, soft cloth only.
- To care for your jewelry and keep it clean & shiny gently, wipe off excess make-up, body lotion and skin oils after each wear.
- Be careful with liquids, perfume, detergents and household chemicals.
- Always store in a dry, cool & dark place